I am now 2 years post-partum.
And although I’m 19 years old in my head, in normaltown years, I’m 36.
Wearing pajamas pants around town on a Saturday morning and having adorably messy hair is not cute anymore. And, I can’t blame not making plans, not showing up, being a total flake, etc. on my baby, since, well, he’s not a baby.
It’s time to start finding myself again.
I read a lot of other bloggers, because I want to be like them and because I love tips. Seriously – I used to buy literally every single lady mag out there. I love a diet, a new regiment, an improvement plan, a cleanse, whatever. I love the idea of re-invention. There’s a lot of information out there, but also a lot of the same things that keep coming up over and over again. So I’m going to start smallish and focus on those. These aren’t new ideas, but I PROMISE you my take on this will be hilarious and poignant. Also, I’ve never really stuck to anything, so it’ll be a fun ride ending in potential failure. Woo hoo!
So I’m going to start smallish and focus on those.
Here are the key things for me:
Get more energy
- drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Kim K drinks 20, I think I’m going to land at 12
- eliminate processed foods
- stop eating leftover food from your toddler and a million snacks per night
Look good, feel good
- get some clothes that actually fit, aren’t 5- 7 years old, not stained, and cost more than $10.
- Fix your damn hair. Try a decent hair place. Stop collecting photos of SJP’s hair and actually dye it. Maybe stop leaving the house with hair wet and hope it turns out okay.
Is the home a lady’s castle?
- make the bed everyday
- spend 5 mins per day cleaning up
- get rid of some crap already
- plan one DIY project to make my space feel “my own.”
They are stuck with me, afterall
- plan a creative project my family can do together
- go on an adventure
- write my mother a note telling her how much I love her and why
- reconnect with an old friend and make plans with a new one.
So that’s where I’m starting. Wish me luck!
Ready, set, go!!!!